Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Table Games Shift Manager Apprenticeship (GRIC members only)
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position is responsible for possessing a thorough knowledge of Gila River Gaming Internal Controls, policies, procedures, Tribal Gaming Office, Compact and State Gaming Regulations and ensures that blackjack are in regulatory compliance with the Tribal Gaming Office, State Gaming Authority, internal controls, and standard operating procedures by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Overall operational responsibility for all blackjack operations during assigned shift including each pit and blackjack room, shift, personnel, record keeping, customer satisfaction, policies and procedures, ensures that all table gaming personnel adheres to and complies with company policies. procedures, standards and applicable government regulations.
- Oversees and approves all department schedules.
- Assists department director in preparing budgets employee performance reviews, including budget variances, statistical fluctuation and organizational development.
- Recommends blackjack equipment and supplies, and any necessary maintenance.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple blackjack employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Table Games experience with blackjack and other Table Games required.
- Familiarity with all rules and regulations of the gaming industry, as well as hands-on knowledge of blackjack and other varieties of table games.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet out guests, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guests, Appreciate our guest.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.