Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position is responsible for supervising and assisting with the set-up, service, and clean-up of all assigned banquet functions and performs the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Enterprises' standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Inspect the set-up of meeting and banquet functions, checking them against the Banquet Event Order.
- Supervise and assist with the set-up of assigned catered functions, ensuring that the Enterprises' standards are met, and advance preparation of service is adequate to allow efficient service to the guest once the function begins.
- Respond to guests' problems, complaints and accidents. Communicate problems/issues to the Banquet Manager.
- Assist Banquet Manager with the creation of the Banquet Work Schedule and completion of Banquet Wage Progress Reports.
- Assist in service of functions as required.
- Assist in banquet set-up as required.
- Requisition liquor for all banquet bars and maintain proper control over banquet beverage service.
- Supervise and assist with the break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Supervisory experience preferred.
3. Prior experience as a Banquet Captain or Food Service preferred.
4. Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
- Greet our guest
- Interact positively with guest
- Listen actively to our guest
- Appreciate our guest
5. Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
6. Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
9. This position mush have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Polices and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.