Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant / First Assist
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
The Physician Assistant / First Assist shall provide medical and administrative services to meet the needs of WCH Surgical Services patients. Physician Assistant / First Assist shall always provide only those professional services that Physician Assistant is qualified to deliver and shall provide such services in a manner that is consistent with the patient’s best interests.
Essential Job Duties:
- Physician Assistant shall provide medical services to serve the needs of Surgery Clinic patients who are assigned to Physician Assistant by Community Health Clinic (CHC) and/or managed care payors, all in accordance with guidelines, requirements and limitations as set forth by CHC and/or WCH.
- Has responsibility for medical services provided by CHC:
- Function as First Assist for the surgeons as needed (primarily orthopedic cases)
- Provide medical care for new patients and follow-up postop care and treatment for patients seen in the Surgery Clinic.
- Physician Assistant /First Assist shall always provide only those professional services that Physician Assistant / First Assist is qualified to deliver.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist shall perform administrative duties related to patient care as CHC may reasonably assign to Physician Assistant.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist shall cooperate and comply with the policies and procedures of CHC, including those, which are pertinent to patient relations, quality assurance, scheduling, billing, collections and other administrative matters.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist and shall cooperate with CHC’s efforts to bill and collect fees for services rendered to Clinic patients.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist shall assist and cooperate with CHC in developing relationships with third-party payor contracts and shall be available to provide medical services to all persons covered by payor contracts that are entered into by CHC.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist shall promptly prepare and file reports of all professional medical services rendered by Physician Assistant / First Assist, and maintain and make available upon request all necessary records to ensure that CHC and the Clinic satisfy all requirements for payor contracts, malpractice insurance coverage and participation in federal and state payment programs.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist shall maintain such records for a period of five (5) years from the date of service.
- To the extent that there are subsequent changes or clarifications of statutes, regulations or rules, Physician Assistant / First Assist shall take such steps as are necessary to permit CHC to comply with such changes.
- All business transactions related to the services provided by Physician Assistant, such as enrollment, verification and billings, shall be conducted by and in the name of CHC
- Physician Assistant/ First Assist shall cooperate with and assist CHC in all litigation matters affecting Physician Assistant / First Assist and CHC.
- Physician Assistant / First Assist shall meet the performance, productivity and utilization standards set forth by Clinic
- Adhere to all other stated provisions in the Physician Assistant / First Assist’s employment agreement.
- Work with CHC in the monitoring and reviewing of the clinical performance of support health care professionals who provide services to Surgery Clinic’s patients.
- Comply with and participate in quality assurance and utilization review and management, inclusive of peer review and disciplinary actions, as directed by CHC.
- Participate in establishing policies, procedures and committees for utilization, management, quality assurance, and peer review of all professionals who provide services through the Clinic.
- Assist CHC management with all preparation for, and conduct of, any inspections and on-site surveys of the Clinic.
- Completion of a program accredited by the ARC-PA
- Successful completion of the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE).
- Certification as a Surgical First Assistant by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Be licensed by the State of Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants and be qualified by training and experience to provide surgical services.
- Be eligible to become a member of the medical staff of Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH) with appropriate clinical privileges, in accordance with the bylaws of the Medical Staff.
- Hold a current and unrestricted DEA registration number
- Be eligible to participate in a “Federal healthcare program” as defined in 41 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(f) or in any other governmental payment program
- Have never been excluded from participation, and maintain an unrestricted right to participate, in the State of Arizona and federal health care programs, including, without limitation, Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS.
- CPR and ACLS Certification
- Previous experience as a Physician Assistant in a Surgical Clinic
- Previous experience as First Assist in the OR with emphasis in orthopedic cases
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position residents weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
Please click on the link below to apply for the position.