Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician III
at Westminster Village
Under the direction of the Plant Ops Director or Manager, the Maintenance Tech 3 performs a variety of skilled duties including all of those of a Maintenance 2 in one or more of the following building trades: painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, dry wall and HVAC in order to maintain, repair and remodel facilities.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Job Functions:
- Follow detailed instructions to perform daily tasks.
- Conduct basic problem solving and reasoning.
- Operate machinery following safety guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in all maintenance operations throughout the campus as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Record maintenance activities in the appropriate logbook.
- Perform preventative and/or reactive/emergency maintenance on equipment.
- Keep maintenance shop clean and organized of any debris.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- Performs a variety of minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC preventative maintenance repairs and new construction projects.
- Performs generator and fire pump tests.
- Assists as directed in the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems such as: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, automatic temperature control, electrical, water filtration and treatment systems; operates motorized lifts and equipment, as needed.
- Compliance with OSHA/Westminster Village safety and health rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work Environment / Equipment / Requirements:
- Required to work at heights or in confined spaces. Dusty, dry, hot, cold, wet and muddy conditions and intermittent high noise levels. Continuous standing, walking, bending and lifting of equipment, tools, appliances, etc., as required. The ability to cross uneven surfaces, climb ladders and stairs. Work on scissor lifts, man baskets and scaffold. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and works under limited or no supervision. Qualified candidate must be able to work flexible, various shifts including weekends as needed during the year, including variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in the total hours that may be scheduled, occasionally requiring on-call availability for emergency situations. Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds. Regularly performing repetitive physical tasks that require lifting, pushing, pulling while using various tools. Reaching above and at shoulder height with the weight of several objects and tools into trucks or carts. Sitting and driving depending on job assignment. Standing and walking for assigned work shift. Crouching, kneeling for extended periods.
All qualified applicants must successfully pass the background check, substance test and TB test.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of OSHA occupational safety regulations.
- Mechanical background, including routine maintenance and repair of campus buildings/equipment.
- Strong electrical experience/understanding highly desirable.
- Ability to read and understand construction, electrical and equipment blueprints and schematics.
- Knowledge of the proper use of specialized departmental equipment including those used in the plumbing, electrical, HVAC, Low-temp refrigeration systems and general carpentry trades.
- Basic computer literacy for entering and looking up information using standard business software.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers and others.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking, organizational, problem solving, time management and common sense skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; Trade school coursework or equivalent work experience in HVAC, electrical and/or building maintenance required.
- Minimal 10 years preferred of related work experience in building maintenance.
- Valid Driver's License and proof of current automobile insurance.
- HVAC Certification.