Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Village
The primary purpose of this job position is to be responsible for seating of residents in the dining room and satisfactorily handling situations as they arise in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by Ocotillo Dining Room Manager, to assure that quality service is provided at all times.
- Greets residents and guests, escorts them to the tables and provide menus.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Acknowledges complaints and satisfactorily handles situations as they arise, notifying the Ocotillo Dining Room Manager when necessary
- Creates floor plans and section assignments for meal service.
- Responsible for creating enjoyable dining experiences for residents and guests.
- Answers resident and guest questions regarding Ocotillo Dining Room and other venues.
- Assists servers with pouring water, delivering beverages or setting tables when necessary.
- Uses POS (Point of Sale) computer to input resident charges.
- Promotes clean, safe and neat environment for residents, self and staff.
- Follows established reporting procedures for the following:
- Supply or equipment needs.
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Attends in-service educational programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures, and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Follows defined Infection Control procedures.
- Understands facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Facility’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Ocotillo Dining Room Manager
Ability to read, write, and speak and understand English. Good communications skills, sound mental and physical health; ability to get along well with others; to demonstrate flexibility and patience; to work as a member of a team; to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people, especially older adults. Must have personal integrity; must function independently; must be able to verbally communicate with residents and staff.
This position will show a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
Education: High school preferred.
Experience: Prior hostess or waitress experience preferred.
The Ocotillo Server stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. The Ocotillo Server must have an ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds and withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges and dish-washing machines. This employee must be free from infections or diseases.