Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Java Application Engineer (Application Systems Engineer 5)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Process & Request Management Technologies team is primarily focused on providing Centers of Excellence for Business Process Management technologies, ensuring their successful application throughout the enterprise. The team’s major business functions are (1) Business Process Management consulting and solution design and (2) Development and support of automated process management, request management and workflow solutions.
PRMT is seeking for a senior developer who has wide knowledge on software life cycle development, primarily using J2EE technologies. The successful candidate will work with technology and business partners to deliver process solutions using service request and workflow management tools. He/she will be expected to:
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of application development technical leadership experience.
- 2+years of ServiceNow, specifically Service Catalog experience
- Demonstrate ability to lead and resolve complex technical issues related to technology and business domain involved.
- Demonstrated ability to apply core Java design patterns, application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to any given applications.
- Provides design and coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Develops design documentation, departmental technical guidelines, checklists, software engineering best practices and How-to guides for developers.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees project and release rollout to production.
- Possibility of on-calls and extended hours during weekends and weeknights, especially during change releases.
- Senior/self-reliant, capable of doing work independently.
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2202 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.