The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aquatic Lead Lifeguard
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Will give oversight to the day-to-day operations of the aquatics programs and facilities with the Aquatic Coordinator.
- Maintain clear channels of communication with staff, volunteers and program participants. This may include writing of internal memos, weekly department meetings, work schedules, flyers newsletters and one on one discussion with Aquatic Coordinator.
- Will work in a cooperative manner with the other on-site directors of the RJKCCC program.
- Follow and enforce equipment checkout program. Report defects, necessary repairs, etc.
- Will attend all scheduled staff meetings and management team meetings when directed by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- See that all equipment assigned to the aquatic facilities is maintained and properly utilized.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
- See that Liability injuries are reported timely and according to procedure.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Report all harmful problems with facilities to the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center.
Skill / Requirements
- Possession of current certificates in: CPR for the Professional Rescuer (CPR Pro), First Aid, AED and Lifeguard Training, as well as Water Safety Instructor from a certifying agency (American Red Cross, Ellis, StarGuard). Equivalent training certificates may be accepted.
- Must have a minimum of a year or more experience as a certified lifeguard.
- Preferably 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to swim with proficiency and endurance. Must successfully complete a 500-yard swim and retrieve a 10 pound brick from the bottom of the pool.
- Meet and deal tactfully and effectively with the public; work cooperatively with others; analyze situations and adopt a quick and effective course of action.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as The Salvation Army.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the center’s swimming pools.
- Have a philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Center and The Salvation Army.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education including but not limited to:
- Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
- Sensitivity to children’s individual needs.
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently.
- Ability to handle security and crisis situations, calmly.
- Ability to seek supervision and use it consistently.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.