Musical Instrument Museum
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Guest Service Associate Part-time Seasonal (24-29 hours per week)
at Musical Instrument Museum
The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul. For more information visit our website at MIM.org.
Summary: MIM is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to interact with guests upon entrance to the museum and theater, as well as on the telephone, in a fast-paced environment. Guest Service Associates function as the Box Office, Coat/Bag check and Information Desk for MIM ensuring a positive guest experience which reinforces the MIM brand. Part-time seasonal position through May 31, 2020. Availability needed: Daytime including weekends, occasional evenings, (24-29 hours per week).
- Welcome guests to MIM by selling tickets/admissions, checking coats/bags, distributing the guidePORT audio system, enforcing admission policies, and providing general information
- Handle large volumes of financial transactions and settle cash drawers at the end of each shift
- Provide information regarding MIM’s membership and donor programs, accept donations, and assist members/donors with taking full advantage of their benefits
- Answer telephones to sell theater tickets and museum admissions for guests
- Maintain the guidePORT audio units and headphones, including cleaning and charging them as needed
- Provide a positive and enthusiastic atmosphere for MIM guests
- Other duties as needed
Skill / Requirements
- Box office and/or museum experience strongly preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Ability to cheerfully exercise patience and sound judgment in a variety of situations, especially in direct interactions with the public
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds. Position requires long periods of standing
- Strong computer skills in Windows-based applications, including Microsoft Office
- Position pays $12.00/hour
For more information please visit our website at MIM.org
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the link below: