Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Patient Ambassador working at our 27th Ave location. The Patient Ambassador provides direct support for patients and other patrons in the lobby at the Integrated Care Clinic or Integrated Recovery Centers. This position requires advanced motivational interviewing skills, as well as shared life experience in the area of behavioral health or substance use recovery. If you enjoy working with individuals during some of the most vulnerable times of their lives this may be just the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
The Patient Ambassador uses superior customer service skills to help reduce and eliminate situations that escalate into safety for patients and employees in the clinic settings.
- Assist people in the lobby by providing resources for basic needs, including food, water, and clothing, as well as work to engage them into treatment services with Terros Health.
- Utilize advanced crisis intervention techniques in order to maintain a presence of safety, security, and support to the patients and front office staff, as well as dissuading undesirable or illegal behaviors by patrons in the lobby.
- Coordinate with the Clinical Site Manager and Integrated Care Site Director to resolve on-site complaints.
- Works to engage patients and their families, as well as others into treatment with Terros Health.
- Promotes recovery for patients using trauma-informed strategies and recovery philosophy.
- This position reports to the Integrated Care Site Director.
Primarily works in an office setting, including various clinics and other Terros Health locations
GED/High school diploma with a minimum of 3 years of behavioral health (BH) experience, or an Associate degree in the BH field, or
Bachelor’s degree in BH field, or bachelor’s degree in non-behavioral health field with 1 year minimum of BH experience, or
Master’s degree or higher in behavioral health field.
- Strongly preferred Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, electronic medical record, NextGen preferred.
- Interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, members, families, and other community members.
- Lived experience in mental health or substance use recovery and Peer Employment Certification required; or ability to obtain Peer Employment Certification within 90 days of assuming role.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- Must have or obtain a valid Arizona Driver License, be 21 years of age with a minimum 3 years driving experience. Must meet requirements of Terros driving policy
Physical Demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.