Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Health Worker Positions in west Phoenix, AZ - CHW - Peer Support - Correctional/ Justice Program
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER. You will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. We engage people in whole person health through an integrated care delivery system, thus establishing a medical home for our patients. In caring for the whole person, we focus on overall wellness through physical health, mental health and substance use care. Our mission is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people through exceptional outcomes.
For the last 50 years, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Integrated Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health: Extraordinary Care. Empowered People. Exceptional Outcomes.
Terros Health is currently hiring a Community Health Worker for west Phoenix, AZ.
Full-Time: 40 hours/Week
Community Health Worker certification not required, but highly desirable
Lived experience in behavioral health or medical area, and ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment is required - Terros Health will assist with the process
Positions Available at: 27th Avenue Integrated Care (27th Ave/ Indian School)
Position Available Starting: October 28, 2019
- CHW will be responsible for helping patients and their families to navigate and access community services, other resources and adopt healthy behaviors.
- CHW works as part of the care team and supports providers and the RN Care Coordinator through an integrated approach to care coordinatino and community outreach.
- CHW is responsible for both clinical and administrative tasks, including closing the loop with patients referred to specialty providers and patients referred to group or other health related services at Terros Health or in the community, engaging patients and re-engaging assigned patients.
- CHW will be knowledgeable about population health management, social determinants of health and engaging vulnerable populations.
- High School Diploma or GED, personal experience of a family member in the behavioral and criminal justice systems.
- Community Health Worker certification not required, but highly desirable.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy.
- Promotes, models and uses strength-based engagement and treatment strategies for all patients served. Lends their unique insight into behavioral and/or physical health recovery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 20 working days of assuming role.
- Lived experience in behavioral health or medical area, and ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment
- Must pass a TB and Drug Screen Test