Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician
StreetLightUSA is a Christ-Centered organization serving at-risk and or confirmed adolescentfemale victims of sexual exploitation. Our therapeutic program, The Sanctuary, provides residential trauma informed care.
The Residential Care Provider (RCP) plays a pivotal role in our trauma healing therapeuticservices. The primary focus of the RCP role is to ensure the physical andemotional safety of each resident through supervision of the environmentand the child. RCPs provide emotional and behavioral support though trauma informed and strength-based strategies, as well as model adaptive conflict resolution, adaptive emotional regulation, distress tolerance, positive character building, and daily independent life skills.
This role requires an individual who is detail oriented and observant, ableto respond calmly and make sound decisions in crisis situations, and skilled at prioritizing tasks. The candidate for this position must also be passionate about the mission of StreetLightUSA and dedicated to supporting the residents’emotional healing and physical needs within StreetLightUSA’s integrative care model.
Monday-Friday 6am to 230pm
Saturday and Sunday 6am to 230pm
Monday-Friday 1pm to 930pm
Saturday and Sunday 1pm to 930pm
Sunday-Wednesday 8pm to 630am
Thursday-Saturday 8pm to 630am
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Ensure constant supervision of residents, including safety and HIPPA regulations to include completion of routine head counts.
- Supervise Self-Administration of Medication for residents and complete medication log documentation and needed prescription requests.
- Respond to unusual incidents and crisis situations in a timely and appropriate manner using effective conflict resolution skills.
- Effectively and appropriately utilize crisis de-escalation techniques including the safe and proper utilization of physical restraints in emergency situations.
- Collaborate with security to ensure safety of residents and staff.
- Residential Environment Maintenance: Restock cottage supplies based on current inventory to include assistance in maintaining all necessary supplies for client needs, i.e. grooming supplies, household cleaning supplies, and items needed for staff job duties.
- Be prepared to utilize Crisis Prevention and Intervention, First Aid, and/or CPR skills when needed.
- Observe environmental factors to ensure safety and work to prevent triggers or escalated situations to include redirection and prompts as needed from a trauma-informed approach.
- Prepare meals and snacks through proper scheduling and the adherence to protocols to maintain health and safety.
- Supervise and assist as needed residents during meal preparation, housekeeping responsibilities, personal hygiene, grooming and other activities as needed.
- Implement education and practice opportunities of emotional intelligence skills to residents daily to enhance residents’ ability to improve emotional regulation and conflict resolution skills.
- Transport and accompany Residents to scheduled program activities,outings, appointments, and emergency appointments (to include Urgent Care and Hospital visits as needed)
- Maintain proper safety protocols during offsite transportation.
- Complete any and all shift checklists and/or communicate any incomplete tasks during shift exchanges.
- Complete required documentation of services, incidents, etc utilizing an electronic medical system as designated by policies and procedures such as, but not limited to; documentation of physical observations, significant observation notes, including written reports of any significant incidents occurring during shift and updates for any behavioral support programs.
- Engage with residents from a trauma-informed and emotionally supportive perspective in order to build rapport and healthyinteractions with residents
- Provide emotional support and appropriate redirection or guidance to Residents to assist residents in applying skills learned to every-day situations
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Background cleared of any criminal offenses disqualifying employment (i.e.: Sexual abuse of a minor, first or second-degree murder, sexual assault, sexual exploitation of a minor, felony drug offenses, robbery, dangerous crime against children, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent with 4 years of experience working within teen centered*, trauma informed*, and/or behavioral health residential facilities* (*combination of two or more)
- OR Associates degree or higher with 2 years of experience working within teen centered*, trauma informed*, and/or behavioral health residential facilities* (*combination of two or more)
- Educational background in psychology, social work, and/or family and human development preferred.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems preferred
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Adult and Pediatric CPR and First Aid (training available)
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention, Crisis Intervention Training, or Prevention and Support with physical restraints preferred (training provided)
- Physical Exam clearing work with no restrictions (updated every two (2) years)
- Documentation of clearance from communicable diseases (Tuberculosis- updated annually)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Minimum age requirement of 23 years old