Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To assist (under direct supervision) in the supervision and instruction of students; to provide assistance to the teacher in overall classroom activities; to relieve teacher of routine clerical tasks.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work well with students, staff and parents; good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate general office machines.
- Ability to organize and to prioritize.
- Experience working with elementary level students
- Must pass fingerprint and background clearance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., be able to exert 25 –30 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Works with individual students or groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assists independent study, enrichment work and remedial work for classroom.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as is expected of teachers.
- Participates in in-service training programs as required.
- Exercising positive problem solving behavior and conflict resolution skills.
- Adhering to the dress code appropriate for the site and job.
- Assisting with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, lunch periods and field trips.
- Maintaining the confidentially of protected student and staff member information even after no longer employed.
- Being flexible and performing other duties relating to general job function as assigned by supervisor.
- Confer with teacher and parents, if requested by teacher, to assist in the evaluation of students’ progress in relations to established educational objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 180 Days; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Per District Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Per District Policy
HOURS: 29 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Monday, September 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)