Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Technician II
at Queen Creek Unified School District
Under general direction, performs skilled work in the repair and maintenance of all District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as well as the controls for these systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Experience with computers, such as email and work order systems.
- Position requires the following physical demands: be able to lift up to 50 lbs, be able to exert 50-60 lbs of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Must have five years of experience working in HVAC.
- Must have an HVAC universal certificate, and show completion of an EPA approved course in “Proper Refrigerant Usage”.
- Working knowledge of all styles of air distribution as well as package and split systems DX air conditioning units.
- Working knowledge of all types of HVAC controls systems.
- Knowledge of centrifugal compressor chillers is preferred.
- Read and understand blue prints and closeout books.
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Ability to work overtime and change schedules with minimal notice.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Install, repair and service all types of air conditioning units, related devices and systems.
- Repair and service all types of mechanical controls systems.
- Repair and service all the non-technical portions of the school site central plants.
- Process work orders at a timely manner.
- Will be responsible for detailing and preparing paperwork for parts orders.
- Must continue to seek professional development in regard to new technology and additional technical skills.
- Being flexible and performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel for extended periods of time, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., be able to exert 50-60 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 Days; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter P
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week; 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)