Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
While providing academic assistance (one-to-one and hand over hand if needed)provide a safe environment for school children, including medically fragile children, including, but not limited to: maintaining clear airways for students with breathing difficulties, including NT deep suctioning, and or tracheostomy suctioning, mouth and throat suctioning, G-tube maintenance, feeding, administering medication, positioning, diapering/changing, monitoring oxygen levels, communicating with Doctor(s) and parents, administering oxygen,and caring for general health. The main job goal of the Educational Assistant-Nurse will be to assist the student to participate in all academic activities to the maximum extent possible, while maintaining the students medical well-being.
- Registered Nurse/RN or LPN with a current Arizona License
- Prefer Nurse to have Standard or Provisional Certificate from Arizona State Board of Nursing, or National School Nurse Certification from the School Nurse Organization of America.
- AZ Fingerprint Clearance
- Excellent attendance record
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be willing to ride school bus with student if required
- Must be able and willing to provide one-to-one academic assistance in the classroom for all academic and social activities
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist the student in participating in all academic and educational activities, including hand over hand, or one-to-one assistance if needed.
- Assist the school administration/staff in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating of school health programs.
- Create, monitor and carry out Nursing Care Plans (N.C.P) for students in coordination with parents and other medical professionals.
- Advise school staff regarding modification of educational programs and or environment to meet health needs of individual students.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as is expected of teachers, and all employees.
- Provide health assessments of students on an as needed basis.
- Monitor and record immunization data per applicable laws, CDC recommendations and school district policies
- Supervise the orientation, training and evaluation of health assistants.
- Audit health records periodically for accuracy, thoroughness and completeness.
- Participate in all applicable IEP meetings.
- Provide health care in all school settings, including bus, if required.
- Make home visits as needed.
- Report any unsafe environmental conditions, and identify and report suspected child abuse per applicable law and District policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month calendar
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Building Administration, Director of Special Education, and classroom teacher. Works with school nurse or health assistant as needed or required.
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Monday, June 24, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)