Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Assistant
at Queen Creek Unified School District
The Child Nutrition Worker is to assist in the preparation, serving and clean-up of food in quantity Child Nutrition operation, using safe food practices.
- Food Handler’s Certificate – Current
- Experience in food preparation desired
- Ability to operate institutional equipment
- Knowledge of HACCP, and workplace safety requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with figures and to make arithmetic calculations
- Ability to communicate with parents, staff and students on Child Nutrition program
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations and rules
- Must pass fingerprint and background check
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees and community
- Learn all essential skills (i.e.: eTrition, daily paperwork, ordering, etc.) within a reasonable time span
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to count money and make change, complete related reports and operate cash register
- Displays and demonstrates knowledge of HACCP food safety/sanitation guidelines
- Operates standard kitchen equipment, including but not limited to convection ovens, microwave oven, steam table and hot holding carts
- Assists with quantity food preparation
- Assists with the daily cleaning of kitchen and all kitchen equipment to ensure cleanliness and to ensure sanitary conditions are met
- Assists with stocking and replenishing of supplies
- Sets up and breaks down serving lines
- Be willing to take over for manager in her/his absence.
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month part-time
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 20 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Monday, September 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)