Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVID Tutor (Eastmark High School)
at Queen Creek Unified School District
About AVID: AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination and is a program designed to provide the academic, social, and emotional support that targets potential college students who need academic assistance. AVID prepares these students by teaching them college and career readiness skills. Students are enrolled in advanced courses and given academic support through tutorial opportunities.
JOB GOAL: AVID tutors will facilitate small group tutorial sessions where students present areas of confusion from their core content classes. Other group members use questioning techniques to help student presenters find clarification and understanding. The AVID Tutor monitors the group, records notes, ensures questioning is leading towards understanding, and grades Tutorial Request Forms. Additionally, Tutors will grade students’ binders, agendas, and notes on Fridays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work part time during school hours.
- Must possess good communication skills and is willing to ask questions and provide constructive feedback to improve the quality of the AVID class.
- Ability to work independently but has the ability to take and follow directions.
- Must obtain and maintain AZ Fingerprint clearance card prior to start date.
- Must possess positive attitude toward students, teachers, and staff.
- Must be available to complete tutor training.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Facilitate small groups of middle school and high school students (7th- 10th grade)
- Record notes for students that are presenting.
- Oversee student tutorials on Tuesday and Thursday and conduct binder checks on Fridays.
- Grade tutorial request forms, student binders, planners, and notes, etc.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Tutors will be trained and will receive ongoing feedback and assistance with implementing AVID resources.
- Has ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and kneel for long periods of time.
- Has the ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force to lift and/or move objects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 3 days per week (Tues, Thurs, Fri) for the school year minus breaks, holidays, and testing windows.
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter G
REPORTS TO: AVID classroom teachers, AVID site administration, district AVID Specialist
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: per week: 11.25
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, August 9, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)