Phoenix Elementary School District #1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Media Clerk- Capitol Elementary School
at Phoenix Elementary School District #1
THIS POSITION IS A GRADE 6 OR 8 ON THE SUPPORT STAFF NON-EXEMPT SALARY SCHEDULE.
PLACEMENT RANGE= $12.00 TO $14.81 PER HOUR
The Media Clerk will be responsible for carrying out the Media Center tasks and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Files cards for new books in the card catalog, enters data in computer, and shelves these books.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintains accurate shelf list and card catalog,(print, electronic or both), processing discarded materials, and suggesting areas of need.
- Maintains circulation records for book check-ins and check-outs.
- Re-shelves returned books.
- Coordinates distribution and storage of AV materials and equipment.
- Types new check-out cards and pockets as needed.
- Schedules library usage in cooperation with the principal and teachers.
- Introduces fine literature to students via a story hour and/or other means.
- Fulfills requests from teachers and students in usage of the Media Center and the materials and equipment.
- Follows through, by requesting from the appropriate sources, on requests that cannot be met on site.
- Assists teacher in providing library skill instruction to students.
- Assists students and teachers in accessing information through the Media Center.
- Conducts an annual inventory of books, AV materials, equipment and supplies.
- Participates in all faculty meetings scheduled during working hours.
- Attends job-related workshops, conferences, etc.
- Carries out other library-related, non-instructional duties as specified by the Media Resource Specialist or Principal.
- Facilitates circulation of books, materials and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Enrollment in or completion of Library Technology Program at the community college level preferred.
- Computer skills/experience preferred.
- Experience in school Media Center functions (Children's books, cataloging, alphabetizing, organizing, filing, typing) preferred.
- Must be able to provide proof of passing a state-approved paraprofessional assessment such as the ParaPro exam or the WorkKeys assessment or have 60+ college semester credits or an Associates degree.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Possesses And successfully uses the following skills:
- Knowledge of computer-assisted library management programs helpful.
- Ability to use computer, copier, and A/V equipment.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
10 month position- full-time position with benefits.
This positon is a grade 6 or a grade 8, depending on level of education, on the Support Staff Salary Schedule.
This position requires a DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. We can print you in HR at the time of hire if you do nto already have a card.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)