Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Dietitian Dual Role - Maryvale
at Mountain Park Health Center
Under the supervision of the Registered Dietitian (RD) Manager, the Registered Dietitian performs professional work involved in the mentoring of employees, provides comprehensive nutrition assessments and high priority nutrition counseling services to participants for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, provides participant centered services according to federal guidelines, rules and regulations. This person will assist with administrative duties pertaining to training for breastfeeding and nutrition education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines WIC program eligibility in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service in person and/or telephones.
- Conducts interviews and accurately documents information on residency, income, and family situation in a computerized participant database.
- Obtains, evaluates, and documents measurements of stature, weight, and hemoglobin
- Conducts nutrition assessments, evaluates dietary intake patterns based on the dietary questionnaire
- Develops and implements participant nutrition care plans
- Provides participant centered nutrition counseling for medium and high priority participants; this may be provided individually or in groups according to age, category, health risks, and family needs
- Provide breastfeeding support and promote a culture of breastfeeding
- Explains program procedures, regulations, processes and timeframes to applicants and representatives.
- Assigns appropriate food package for eligible participants based on age, category, health risks and family needs and authorizes special formulas and documents approval in computerized system
- Evaluates WIC applicants and participant’s needs for health care, financial, and social assistance in order to make and document appropriate referrals.
- Provides instructions for participants who are not in compliance with program procedures and regulations and brings participants into compliance.
- Monitors follow-up recommendations as written into the care plan
- Documents all nutrition assessments and interventions into participant database
- Schedules and re-schedules participant appointments according to allowable time limits when needed
- Prints food instruments to eligible WIC participants
- Develops and revises nutrition education materials
- Mentors, observes, and evaluates assigned staff based on identified competencies
- Assesses staff needs and coordinates staff development activities and trainings
- Assists Clinic Supervisor with ongoing quality assurance for laboratory results and record keeping procedures
- Maintains security and inventory of food instrument supplies
- Open and / or close the clinic as assigned
- Submits appropriate documentation to supervisor when requested including but not limited to mileage reimbursement and time studies
- Plans, implements, and participates in community outreach activities
- Attends meetings, trainings, and conferences as required
- Collects, summarizes, and analyzes data from participant records for monthly performance improvement and quality control programs
- Performs Nutritionist duties and other duties as required or assigned
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published /posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
Has credentials of a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) or eligibility for registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Commission on Dietetic Registration; if applicable, has State license or certified as a nutritionist/dietitian.
Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.