Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Manager - Gateway
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Practice Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of clinical departments of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates all support staff.
- Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and public.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings with non-provider staff.
- Maintains provider appointment schedules in computer for physicians per MPHC guidelines.
- Plans and implements the Quality Assurance Program for support areas.
- Provides and ensures that staff provide excellent customer service.
- Handles patient complaints in his/her department
- Turns in monthly report to President/CEO by date due.
- Ensures that staff performance reviews are kept current.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of care.
- Provides an adequate number of qualified, competent staff.
- Determines the qualification and competence of patient care staff who are not licensed independent practitioners.
- Determines space and other resources required for services.
- Selects sources of needed services not provided by the organization.
- Takes part in budget preparation and health and business plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to function within MPHC’s philosophy and its mission, fostering a relationship among and between MPHC, management and staff.
- Maintains physician call and surgery schedule.
- Orders necessary supplies for department.
- Develops, maintains, and supervises effective business practices within the department, in coordination with members of the business office.
- Creates and maintains computer patient tracking system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
Directly supervises employees in the Clinical Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred; previous leadership experience required.
3+ years Managerial experience in Public or Community Health.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.