Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Perinatal Ultrasound Technician - 303 Baseline
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Perinatal Ultrasound Technician is responsible for performing routine ultrasounds on patients of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) and all patients referred to the Maternal Fetal Medicine Provider.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares patients for procedures.
- Explain procedures to patients and record medical histories relevant to conditions being evaluated.
- Communicate and discuss ultrasound results with patients care team members.
- Assures patient safety and comfort.
- Use 2D & 3D Ultrasounds to diagnose and evaluate patients.
- Training New Hires, Residents, & Students.
- Maintains ultrasound unit accessories.
- Appropriately completes all paperwork and files all information according to procedures.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Identifies self to patient and explains procedures.
- Participates in QA/Quality; control programs as needed.
- Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes MPHC policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures. Has 3 or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a twelve month period.
- If in a nonexempt position, does not incur excessive overtime. Does not work overtime without prior written approval of his/her supervisor. If in a supervisory position, controls the overtime expended by his/her subordinates within the policies and practices of the facility.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Reports to work at the start of the shift 98% of the days scheduled. Follows the work rotation schedule. Explains and gives proper notification of absenteeism, as outlined in the facility Policies and Procedures. Attends a minimum of 98% of the staff meetings. Reads and signs off on all minutes of the meetings not attended. Participates in committees as assigned. Maintains 100% attendance at mandatory skill/departmental updates. Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound School; strongly prefer 5 years Maternal Fetal Medicine experience with no less than 2 years in OB/GYN sonography.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
RDMS Certification in OB/GYN Sonography, Nuchal Translucency & Nasal Bone Certification required. Fetal Echocardiograms & Cervical Length Certifications preferred. CPR Certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.