Maricopa Integrated Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotmist Sr
at Maricopa Integrated Health System
LAB Clinical - Maryvale
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $13.91 - $22.25
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position performs a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens. Processes specimens for laboratory procedures. Completes all clerical tasks involved in specimen collection, processing and laboratory compliance and provides oversight to other Lab Assistants/Phlebotomists.
Requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. Must have a minimum of one (1) years Lab Assistant/Phlebotomy experience including pediatric and geriatric capillary and venipuncture experience. Must have demonstrated leadership abilities. Requires extensive knowledge of specimen processing and phlebotomy as well as state and federal requirements for transportation of samples. Must have excellent phlebotomy skills; demonstrate good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to manage concerns of patients, employees and other healthcare professionals in a professional manner. Must be capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting. Must have excellent keyboard/data entry skills. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year