Maricopa Integrated Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Maricopa Integrated Health System
Tempe Diablo Technology Park
General Financial Services
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $20.55 - $32.88
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, the Accountant I is responsible for aspects of accounting including but not limited to payroll, accounts payable and general ledger. This includes maintaining complete and accurate records for all miscellaneous AR, miscellaneous other provider payables and other duties as assigned. Additionally this position is responsible for various ledger account reconciliation's and analysis as well as performing month end close, and preparing and posting monthly journal entries.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer one (1) year of accounting experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience in a healthcare or hospital setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires thorough knowledge of general accounting, both in accrual and cash basis.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year