Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VOLUNTEER-PCSO SEARCH AND RESCUE
at Pinal County
This is a volunteer position with the Pinal County Sheriff's Office. Volunteers serve at the discretion of their respective Appointing Authority. The employment relationship of incumbents in this position is "at will" the employee may be terminated at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This is not a compensated position.
- Example of Duties
The Search and Rescue Posse is a volunteer unit developed to support the Search and Rescue division. The Pinal County Sheriffs' Office currently uses the search and rescue posse to perform missions in Pinal County and surrounding counties if requested. The Pinal County Sheriffs' Office has several different types of resources that are called upon during missions. These resources include: Base Camp operator, Ground Searchers, ATV/ Four wheel drive, K-9, Mounted Search, Tracking, Technical Rescue and Helicopter operations.
- Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age, a United States citizen.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.Arizona Driver's License preferred
- Must have transportation
- Must possess proof of current auto insurance, at all times
- Must be certified through the PCSO Posse
- Must successfully pass a background examination.
- Must complete oral interviews
- Must complete required basic Search and Rescue classes during probation
- Supplemental Information
NOTES TO APPLICANT:
Upon review and approval of your application, you will be contacted for an oral board interview.
- Commitment of one year of service for volunteer
- Commitment of one semester for interns
- Commitment of a minimum of 16 volunteer hours per month, on average
- Commitment to attend ongoing meetings, in-service training and education workshops.
- Individuals selected will be placed on a one year probationary period
- This is a voluntary unpaid position.
If performing any task other than base camp, individuals may be expected to complete a five mile hike