Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Support Specialist - Coronado HS
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: J
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Candidate will work with Native American Students
This is the highest level within the series. Incumbents tutor students in a variety of subjects and skills. Duties include: creating educational plans; documenting and monitoring student progress; meeting with parents, students, and other resource providers; and preparing lesson plans under direction of a certified teacher.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree, depending on assignment and one year of instructional or substitute teaching experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Substitute certification is preferred.
Some positions may require:
· State of Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners Licensure;
· National Certification in Occupational Therapy;
· First Aid and CPR Certifications;
· Training in Basic Life Support Certification;
· Heimlich Certification.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Instructional strategies;
· Assigned subject matter;
· Principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility;
· Basic mathematical skills;
· Customer service principles;
· Computer operations;
· Knowledge of programs and procedures in assigned area of responsibility;
· Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, and standards;
Classroom operations and activities.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Training employees on work methods and procedures;
· Tutoring students in applicable academic areas;
· Monitoring and assisting children with activities;
· Using office equipment;
· Dealing patiently with children;
· Maintaining order, discipline, and interest of children;
· Performing mathematical calculations;
· Providing customer service;
· Gathering and organizing data;
· Solving problems;
· Preparing lesson plans;
· Writing and creating written documents;
· Preparing and maintaining student records;
· Utilizing a computer and related software applications;
· Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
· Preparing memos, letters, and/or other related written correspondence;
· Reading and interpreting information from schedules, memos, and/or other written documentation;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to odors, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Admin Support Coordinator|
Friday, September 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)