Hotel Valley Ho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping Manager- Hotel Valley Ho
at Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: To manage theHousekeeping staff and operations to ensure cleanliness, safety, and aestheticappeal of the hotel. The Housekeeping Manager provides support to facilitatethe responsibilities of the Director of Housekeeping. Understands and respondsto all guest requests in a timely and professional manner. Maintain adequatestaffing levels. Provide training and support to housekeeping staff.
- Theability to assist in the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, discipliningand motivating employees.
- Theability to ensure service and production is provided in the proper manner, and withthe usual high standards of Hotel Valley Ho.
- Theability to complete, in a timely fashion, all schedules and monitor staffing toinsure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity. Also to monitor fluctuations in occupancy sothat schedules may be adjusted.
- Theability to monitor daily assignments to insure that proper quotas and standardsare maintained.
- Theability to establish safe working conditions and practices.
- Theability to participate actively (as required,) in physical inventories of alluniforms, linens (including food and beverage) and supplies.
- Theability to work directly with outside contracted companies when on hotelpremises.
- Theability to organize and participate in meetings with all staff on a regularbasis.
- Theability to ensure all personnel are exposed to constant refinement, trainingand development on an on-going basis.
- Theability to update all training material as needed as well as supervise theOn-Line Training Program.
- Theability to ensure all daily and weekly payroll reports and sign-in sheets arecompleted and submitted in a timely manner.
- Theability to oversee the start of housekeeping shifts in the morning and evening.
- Theability to assist in preparing yearly capital and operational budgets for guestsupplies, cleaning supplies and equipment and learn how they are conceived,approved and executed.
- Theability to participate in the monitoring of cost management as it pertains toinventories, issue of supplies, labor and energy.
- Theability to maintain good working relationships with all Department and DivisionHeads in the Hotel at all times.
- Theability to make scheduled tours of the hotel, noting deficiencies and ensuringproper follow-up procedures.
- Theability to participate in a consistent rooms inspection/Quality Control programwhich is monitored by the Director of Housekeeping. The ability to maintain permanent records ofinspections by room number and date, using computer-aided program(s). Theability to maintain records of inspections for employee files.
- Theability to maintain awareness of current industry and community trends andparticipate in professional organizations, and maintain outside businesscontacts.
- Theability to monitor and maintain an energy conservation program for theHousekeeping department.
- Theability to become familiar with the Laundry/Valet Department and be able tomonitor standards pertaining to guest service, operational efficiency, safety,productivity, quality and personnel.
- Theability to become familiar with the operation of the Uniform Room and monitorthe maintenance of standards in the area.
- Theability to work with the hotel and departmental computer systems, especiallywith regard to how they relate to Housekeeping functions.
- Theability to review all work orders submitted and ensure all orders are handledin a timely and professional manner.
- Theability to assist in periodically reviewing, re-evaluating and revisingdepartmental procedures and job descriptions, supplies, equipment and laborstandards, as needed.
- Theability to ensure all security policies and procedures are observed in alldepartments and areas of responsibilities (e.g., keys, linen room, linenclosets, storage closets.)
- Theability to develop and implement creative concepts of Housekeeping to continueto enhance the image of quality that is associated with Hotel Valley Ho.
- Theability to assume all operational responsibilities in the absence of theDirector of Housekeeping.
- Theability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
Specific jobknowledge, skill and ability:
Theindividual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and beable to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functionsof the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some othercombination of skills and abilities.
- Reading,writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Previousexperience in housekeeping with supervisory responsibilities.
- Previousexperience in training.
- Ableto work varied shifts and on weekends.
- Must adhere to practicesof occupational safety and health including wearing personalprotective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.