Hotel Valley Ho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Agent - Hotel Valley Ho
at Hotel Valley Ho
The Front Desk Agent is a key facilitator of the hotel guest’s arrival and departure experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests at the hotel.
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with Residences owners, Hotel guests and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register Residence owners and Hotel guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available. In addition, the ability to properly distinguish all said reservations as Residences or Hotel.
- Actively participate in the hotel’s up-sell program during guest arrival/departure as directed by hotel management.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Hotel Valley Ho facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the hotel.
- The ability to assist Residence owners regarding their use options
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the hotel from any location.
- The ability to select and block Residential rental units and hotel rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Residence owners and hotel guests with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle owner and guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
- The ability to complete key packets and modify registration cards.
- The ability to check guests and owners in and out of the Residences and Hotel in accordance with specific procedures.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the Resort and to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a PBX Operator, Reservationists, Concierge, Room Attendant, Houseperson, Valet, and Bellperson.
- The ability to handle Hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform other tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Guest Operations, Front Office Manager, Night Manager, or Revenue and Reservations Manager.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera.
- 1 Year Hotel/resort front desk experience required.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.