Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook- Full Time - Home by 8PM
at Beatitudes Campus
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Cook to join our Dining Services team featuring Bistro, Fine Dining, and Steak House Concepts!
The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, by following established policies and procedures. He or she prepares hot food, such as entrees, soups, and vegetables, using established recipes for our various dining venues and for special event functions and ensures that safe and high quality food service is provided at all times.
The Cook's Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares food following all sanitary regulations and established policies and procedures
- Reviews menus prior to preparing food
- Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus
- Assists in serving meals as necessary
- Serves food following established portion control procedures
- Prepares food for therapeutic diets following planned menus
- Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties
- Prepares food using standardized recipes and special diet orders
- Ensures that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assists in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary
- Assists in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times
- Assists in establishing the food service production line to ensure that meals are prepared on time
- Processes diet changes and new diets as received from nursing service
- Assists in food preparation for parties and other special events
- Performs other duties as require
Skill / Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- A current and valid Food Handler Card
- One to two years experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other medical facility
- A genuine desire to expand their skills in the food service industry
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.