J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal: The job of Nurse Substitute is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical/clinical support in addressing the health needs of students; and providing appropriate care and/ or referral for ill, medically fragile and/or injured students as may be required.
Must have RN or LPN Certification.
You may choose the days and/or schools that you would prefer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Health Services, students, and other school personnel for the purpose of providing specialized treatments, monitoring medical treatments and/or testing at school site.
- Escort and aid student on bus as needed - may be assigned 1 or more specific students for the day.
- Consults with the District Nurse regarding a variety of issues (e.g. emergency situations, neglect/abuse, assessment needs, infectious/contagious diseases,) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety and/or health care concerns, minimizing infection and complying with the law.
- Follows universal precautions and infection control procedures at all times for the purpose of minimizing the risk of transmitting contagious and/or infectious disease.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and student records at all times for the purpose of abiding by legal and professional standards.
- Maintains medical emergency cards and health records (e.g. mandated screening, immunization records, medication logs, accident reports, daily logs) for the purpose of resolving discrepancies in records and/or providing information required by legal and professional standards.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting health services staff.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. student records and accident reports, notices) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established regulations, documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and parents for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Supervises students for the purpose of monitoring students referred for illness.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling. Crouching and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 50% sitting, 10% walking and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, some hazardous conditions, and in a clean atmosphere.
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)