J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Engagement Liaison
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal: The Community Engagement Liaison will work collaboratively with students, families, and school staff to support student achievement through a variety of programs and community outreach activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer a teacher-certified employee.
- Prefer two years experience in a human services, education, community resource, or related field.
- Must be bilingual-Spanish speaking.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English and Spanish.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English and Spanish.
- Ability to use a computer and related software applications.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment.
- Must have a valid Arizona Drivers License.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison between families, school, and district personnel, which includes: coordinating meetings, assisting in conferences, making family contacts, providing resources and community service information to families and site personnel, and/or performing other related activities.
- If the district is not in a consortium, this individual will help in the identification, recruitment, and enrollment process of Migrant and/or homeless students. When appropriate, they will provide referrals for services. Tracks student information and progress. Conducts home visits when appropriate. Coordinates and/or performs food, clothing, and supply deliveries to families in need.
- Maintains records of work activities and performs a variety of clerical activities.
- Supports sites and district with translation services for both verbal and written communication.
- Collaborates with social workers/counselors and administrators in planning activities to increase family engagement in school activities in order to enhance student achievement.
- Prepares a variety of reports, involving gathering, compiling and synthesizing information in an accurate and concise manner.
- Participates in community outreach efforts and inter-agency collaborative programs for the purpose of developing and providing resources to families and school personnel.
- Attends a variety of meetings, school/district events, and professional development opportunities to communicate and/or receive information.
- Refers Migrant families of preschool students to resources available.
- Promotes and plans for effective involvement of Migrant Parent Advisory Committee at the regional and district level.
- Maintains the district Food and Clothing bank and all associated documentation.
- Maintains files and records of all Migrant and McKinney-Vento students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range J
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 195 Days
Hours: Full-time position
Reports to: Coordinator of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Notice of Non-Discrimination
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)