Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inpatient Tech (POOL/PRN) - Florence
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Horizon Health and Wellness provides integrated behavioral health, primary care and wellness services designed to improve individual health outcomes. This position is responsible to ensure continual monitoring of patients and perform safety rounds throughout the facility every shift. Responsible for monitoring patients at a minimum of every 15 minutes for safety and document appropriately. We are seeking a qualified Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) level individual to join a clinical team to ensure collaborative and supportive communication while ensuring the highest level of care to the patients on a continual basis.
- Complete training related to competencies and skills needed for job.
- Monitor patients at a minimum of every 15 minutes for safety and documents appropriately.
- Complete safety rounds throughout the facility every shift.
- Responsible for timely completion of the BHT portion of the patient admission and discharge process.
- Report observations on patient behavior or medical issues to the RN.
- Able to use CPI methods to assist in de-escalating acting out patient.
- Safely and appropriately apply restraints when behaviors necessitate this action.
- Complete Incident and accident reports full and accurately and give to the Unit RN.
- Participate in weekly supervision; seek supervisor/supervision when needed.
- Follow assigned group schedule that provides educational information to patients and completion documentation.
- Ensure all clinical documentation is accurate, complete and available in the medical record per contract guide lines/standards.
- Review involuntary papers to ensure all required papers have accompanied the patient; forward involuntary papers to the social worker, completes progress notes on Claim Trak indicating title, date and time.
- Obtain supervisor signature on appropriate documentation; seeks supervisory guidance when needed.
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect in communications with others with in the organization and in external organizations
- Respond to and return phone calls, emails, meets deadlines, and turns in paperwork in a timely manner.
- Oversee assigned patients in completing showering, laundry and cleaning of room.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- HS diploma or GED plus 4 years’ experience in the field or combined field specific education and experience totaling 4 years.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, home telephone and reliable transportation.
- Series of Hepatitis shots or declination of same.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
- Proof of good health by initial Physical examination and negative TB test.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling a maximum of 100 pounds as needed.
- Have availability of telephone for easy access of Agency contact.
- Able to work nights, weekends, partial shifts, holidays and 8/10/12/16 hour shifts.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain fingerprint clearance and pass a background check.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Experience working in Integrated Healthcare, Behavioral Health or Inpatient Unit.
- Advanced knowledge of cultural diversity and sensitivity.