Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
University Billing Specialist - Military Liaison
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Starting salary is $38,000 per year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Reconciles rosters and invoices to ensure accurate billing.
- Creates standard invoices and follow receivables for all students with corporate sponsorship.
- Maintains professional relationships with students and external government agency contacts
- Uses appropriate systems e.g., WAWF, AI portal and Goarmyed portal to bill Tuition assistance
- Reconciles the VAonce for all certification of GI funding which includes adding and deleting student accounts with the appropriate student system
- Any additional duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal with strong constituency building skill.
- Action and results oriented, self-starter, self- directed and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial quality; ability to work independently.
- Must be a strong player with excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of higher-learning environments and programs.
- Computer/office software proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of inbound/outbound calls effectively.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum experience of 2 years in collections or customer billing environment.
- Cannot be in default on a federal student loan which is verified through pre employment background check.
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
- 6 months professional experience in higher education customer billing function.
- VA certification, invoicing government agencies or military experience preferred.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com