Friendship Village Tempe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Friendship Village Tempe
- Specific Schedule
- Sunday-Thursday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.00/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a Housekeeper for our Health Care Center.
This full-time position includes our benefits package described below.
Starting Pay: $11 to $12 per hour, based on experience
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Employee will assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Employee is required to be courteous at all times.
- Employee is required to have a neat appearance and to be in uniform at all times.
- Must possess the ability to perform repetitive tasks regardless of the amount of interruptions.
- Knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
What Our Employees Say:
"Friendship Village Tempe is a great place to work. From the time you come in to work until the time you leave it is genuine experience. Everyone works together as one to make sure the residents of this community feel right at home." — Current Employee on Indeed
Education & Experience
- Basic housekeeping skills and use of chemicals.
- Past experience in dealing with general public would be an asset.
- Health-care or hospital experience would be a plus.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk long distances and at times may be required to bend, twist, push, pull, stoop or crouch, and climb most of the working day.
- Must be able to lift or push 50 lbs. and be able to clean approximately 7,895 square feet in an eight-hour shift.
- Muscle strains a possibility.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.