Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Settlement Operations
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Settlement Operations Supervisor role is responsible for leading a team and managing settlement processes and performance management to ensure all cases and settlements are submitted and reviewed timely and accurately. The Supervisor is responsible for maintaining settlement approval and rejection controls and assists in reviewing and approving exceptions.
Employee development is an exciting and critical part of this role; you’ll be engaging with your team, helping them achieve personal and professional goals while working towards shared Freedom’s goals.
This position will regularly require attention to detail, as well as application of policies and procedures set in place within the Settlement Operations Team’s processes, Negotiations’ processes and other standards. Good judgment, tact, and the ability to communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position.
- Oversee daily operations of multiple settlement functions including but not limited to: Settlement Entry, Settlement Processing, and Legal Processing
- Communicate and collaborate daily with several internal customers and business partners
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of specialists and a coach, monitoring SLA adherence and quality/efficiency control
- Create and deliver action plans for low-performing agents
- Stay updated on policies and procedures and communicate changes effectively and quickly
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a Supervisor Role managing at least 12-15 people
- Must have a passion for leading people and teammate development
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Appreciation for quality control, compliance and risk management
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient skills with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Flexibility to be available for an 8-hour shift within the hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and drive success through collaboration and commitment to excellence
- Use independent judgement and high level of analytical skills
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable and have the ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude and maintain composure under stress
- The ideal candidate must be 'self-starter' capable of working independently, taking initiative identifying and resolving issues, managing workload, and handling correspondence
- The ideal candidate must have ability to build and foster relationships and partner with multiple business units to achieve common goals
- Preference given to candidates with Settlement Operations experience
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity to advance your career
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday