Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
We-Ko-Pa Golf Course- Groundskeeper
at Fort McDowell Casino
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Under the general direction of the Golf Course Superintendent and his Assistants, performs maintenance work necessary for the grounds keeping of the golf courses.
- Use of hand tools including rakes, shovels, loppers, etc.
- Operation of power tools including weed eaters, hedge trimmers, hover mowers, edgers, etc.
- Ability to walk mow greens and tees on the Golf Course and Practice Facility.
- Fill divots and repair ball marks.
- Operation of golf course utility vehicles, including but not limited to sand bunker rake vehicles, and turbine blowers.
- Spot spraying and hand watering as needed and as directed by Supervisor.
- Janitorial duties related to maintaining the cleanliness of the Maintenance Building, including shop, break room, and restrooms.
- Providing proper care for equipment by performing vehicle inspections, vehicle cleaning, and reporting potential issues to the Maintenance Mechanic.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and overtime during aerification and overseed procedures.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, squat stoop, reach, twist, climb and lift 50 pounds.
- Exposure to extreme noise, outdoors, confining work space, electrical hazards, vibration, dust, and mechanical hazard.
- Must be able to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Present a professional image in accordance with FME/FMYN dress/uniform policy.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Must be 21 or older
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of golf course maintenance techniques and proper course conditions.
-Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instruction and specifications.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.