Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
at Fort McDowell Casino
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of strategic marketing plans and overall brand management for Fort McDowell Casino and We-Ko-Pa Resort. The objective is to support revenue generation across the Casino/Resort property with measurable, branded, targeted and segmented, consumer driven marketing. The job requires an in-depth understanding of the Casino/Resort, their competitive environments, multi-channel communications, and best practices in the area of brand development, direct response and relationship marketing, consumer promotion and analytics. The Director will lead the integration of traditional; and digital advertising medias, email, direct mail, brand marketing and player development to drive occupancy and ROI.
- Provide exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the We-Ko-Pa Way
-Smile and Greet
-Name and Meet
-Thank you and Goodbye
- Provide overall strategic marketing direction for Fort McDowell Casino and We-Ko-Pa Resort including all advertising, customer relationship marketing, public relations, on-line/ email marketing, promotions, and sponsorships.
- Functions as primary database expert for targeting the right customer segments with marketing offers that profitably change consumer behavior.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership including, research, reporting and analysis to guide future planning.
- Create direct marketing campaigns and monitor and modify them if necessary to ensure maximum profitability is being achieved
- Provides analysis and recommendations that introduce new opportunities for revenue generation and cost reduction
- Assist all property departments in achieving department goals through cohesive and efficient marketing support as needed.
- Create Special Events to increase property visitation
- Help develop the entertainment strategy for the property
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of all offers, customer lists and customer records. Oversees all appropriate system set up processes for offer validation and tracking and team member training for all marketing programs
- Develop and support web marketing strategies and interpret web performance metrics.
- Further develop, maintain, and leverage property databases for targeted email, social media, and SMS campaigns employing campaign management, customer profiling, message customization, and predictive modeling.
- Identify and execute partnership opportunities that bring new customers/ databases to Fort McDowell Casino and We-Ko-Pa Resort.
- Responsible for the launch of the new brand, grand opening, PR and advertising efforts related to the new casino.
- Partner with the HR/Talent Acquisition team to create employer branding strategies.
- Oversee all marketing/ advertising budgets; including appropriate budget reviews and verifying all invoices received are accurate.
- Research and resolve guest challenges to ensure satisfaction and evaluate operations for improvement,
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or a related field is required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Marketing, Advertising, Direct Marketing, Digital, Social or related media experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of Director level or VP level experience in gaming/ casino operations is required.
- Experience opening a new casino or resort property highly desirable.
- Must have a strong player development background.
- Experience with branding, customer loyalty programs, and customer demographic strategies.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and player tracking/player development information systems.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership qualities and sound judgment with effective decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and Strategic planning skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Able to obtain and maintain State/ Tribal license (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.