First Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Teller
at First Credit Union
Delivering Financial Sunshine
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you enjoy making a difference? Do you want to work with awesome co-workers? If you answered yes – we might be a good fit for you!
We are proud of our history! Since 1929, we have been dedicated to delivering quality products and services that help our members achieve financial success. We’ve been committed to helping people do cool things like establish credit, finance their first car and even learn how to balance a checkbook for a really long time – well, since 1929 anyway. How cool is that? We’re proud that we are Arizona’s FIRST credit union and we’re still as dedicated to delivering quality products and services to our members now as we were back then. Our commitment to creating a “People Helping People” culture is as strong as ever.
We are looking for people who enjoy helping others, building relationships, crave a culture of mutual support and want to strengthen our team with their unique qualities. Become part of the First Credit Union team by applying for our Teller opportunity.
Perform transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records. Provide cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Present and explain a basic number of credit union products and services to members. This person requires an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members and to represent the credit union in a positive manner that supports our FIRST values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing, prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records. Assist with mail or email transactions as needed.
- Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signature and member balances.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations, including robbery procedures.
- Promote, explain, cross-sell and refer other credit union services such as electronic services, credit and debit cards gift cards and money orders, investments, mortgages and loans.
- Receive consumer loan, home loan and other payments, and ensure accuracy when posting to the computer. Generate member receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check and package coin and currency.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated balance sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to manager immediately.
- Check night depository bags and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
- Scan daily work and perform such other teller functions that might be needed from time to time, assist others to complete tasks and work assignment.
- Ensure teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Superb member service orientation.
- Strong numeric ability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency.
- Stress management/composure.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
First Credit Union offers a professional, friendly and cohesive working environment while offering competitive pay and great benefits which include:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- LTD/AD&D/Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match plus an additional Retirement Plan funded by FCU.
- Special Recognition Programs
- Employee of the Quarter
- Co-worker Recognition Program
- Anniversary Incentives
- Furthering Education Recognition
- Professional Development Opportunities
- University of First Credit Union
- Opportunity to Advance
- FCU believes in developing their staff to reach their full potential!
- Promoting from within is our preference. We are proud of how many of our staff we are able to promote.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great shifts - Monday through Friday only!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a branch setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Physical presence in the branch setting is required.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work flexible schedule Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Periodic travel to other FCU locations may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Previous experience with a credit union highly desirable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Multi-lingual capabilities to include Spanish are a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
First Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.