La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Crisis - Madison
at La Frontera EMPACT
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
Assure the quality of services to clients, coordinate day to day operations of the department and recommend and implement changes that would improve the delivery of services. Management and oversight of all current grants as well as seeking possible future grant opportunities for the program. Provide clinical supervision according to qualifications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Direct the day to day operations of department and schedule meetings, services, and staff time. Ensure the productivity of the department and monitor individual staff performance to meet productivity standards.
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision of departmental staff. Interview and recommend hiring of departmental staff. Train new staff and assure basic competencies of new and existing staff. Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations of personnel actions to the Director who oversees the department.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budget and demonstrate functional responsibility for administering the approved departmental budget. Demonstrate responsibility for purchases within the spending authority as designated by Director. Approve cash disbursements up to the amount authorized by the Director.
- Maintain quality assurance of department's service delivery including clinical care and documentation. Monitor and maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. Participate in utilization review functions associated with the department. Assure continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services and coordinate communication with other departments of the agency. Recommend to the Director any changes that would improve service delivery and implement changes and new programming as directed by the Director.
- Ensure the productivity of the department and monitor individual staff performance to meet productivity standards. Work collaboratively with other department managers to maximize utilization of staff capacity.
- Participate in ad hoc committees and work groups and special assignments as assigned by the Director. Provide outreach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
Skill / Requirements
Education: Masters degree.
Course of Study: Counseling, Social Work or related field
Licensure / Certification: AZBBHE licensure preferred.
Experience: Experience working within the public behavioral health system. Experience in program development and supervisory/mamagement preferred.
Skills: Clear and effective communication. Strong customer service. Problem solving and analytical skills. Documentation skills. Conflict resolution.