La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Counselor for Adolescents
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987.We are an EEO/AA employer.
Family Support Counselors (FSC’s) have the natural ability to form positive supportive relationships with children and adults in caring, family and community based environments using ways that adhere to the 12 AZ Principles. Assists with the coordination of case management services and communication of community-based resources. Performs procedures to support clinical operations including problem resolution and customer service; documentation, facilitates Child and Family Teams, and performs other duties as assigned, which may include mentoring children, assisting with living skills, providing respite for families, and other supportive services. This position works primarily with adolescents.
1. Promote and protect the health, safety, and emotional well being of children and families by assisting, supporting and educating them to prevent illness and avoid unsafe activities.
2. Provide mentoring, life and social skill building to children and their families in their home and in community-based settings.
3. Collaborate with various stakeholder groups.
4. Provide psychosocial rehabilitation living skills training in children-s homes or community-based settings.
5. Provide respite for families and assist with living skills in the home community-based settings.
6. In-home family and individual counseling.
7. Work with the child, family, and any support network to identify areas of risk and to create safeguards specific to these concerns.
8. Assists the CFT in crisis stabilization and transitional moves to and from higher levels of care.
9. Consistently address challenging behaviors proactively, respectfully, and by avoiding the use of aversive or deprivation intervention techniques in family-centered, strengths-based manners.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- BHT level as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS is required.
- Experience working with children with behavioral needs and different diagnosis.
- Experience working with parents on parenting skills, modifying behavior and modeling parenting style.
- Ability to engage with others easily, coordinate with DCS and follow up in timely manner.
- Previous use of behavior charts and behavior modification skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and/or weekend hours.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.