La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims / Billing Specialist
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Billing Specialist to join our team in our Tempe office. This position will be responsible for billing, researching claims, and processing co-payments. Other responsibilities include:
- Research any paid claims not consistent with original claim, make any corrections and appropriate adjustment documentation.
- Research each denied claim and re-bill accordingly.
- Responsible for processing any updated information for claims to reprocess and ensure timely payment.
- Post co-payments to the client's accounts and ensure appropriate allocation.
- Complete monthly billing reports.
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of directly related clerical, medical office, or client service and phone experience.
- Medicare, Third Party Liability (TPL), or other health insurance experience preferred.
- Must possess a very strong attention to detail.
- Experience in financial transactions preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office/MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.