Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician
at Devereux Arizona
- Requisition ID
- Direct Care
- Position Type
Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, you could become part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being a Behavioral Health Technician for our Residential Treatment Program has its Advantages!
As a Behavioral Health Technician at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping kids. We offer:
- An environment where you can be an active contributor to the treatment planning process
- The opportunity to teach at-risk youth valuable life skills
- Growth opportunities that allow you to expand your career and your skills
- The ability to have influence in our kid’s treatment plans
- A fun, fast-paced and supportive environment
- Competitive salary and amazing benefits
- Evidence based and trauma informed practices
- And you get to spend time mentoring and having fun with kids!
Located on a beautiful 10-acre campus in the heart of Scottsdale, Devereux Arizona’s 24-hour RTC and Therapeutic School, has the capacity to serve 48 children. The RTC is a safe and supportive environment that provides youth, from the ages of five to 17, who are experiencing emotional, behavioral or substance abuse challenges. We also provide an on-site accredited K-12 therapeutic school, which offers an academic curriculum while students receive intensive behavioral and emotional support.
As a Behavioral Health Technician, you will actively assist clients in the participation, involvement and routine of their individualized program. You will work directly with the children/youth to be seen as a positive role model, dedicated and truly caring about their well-being. You will assist and support the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of Individuals.
We have multiple openings. Availible shifts are below:
- Four day week:
- Sun, 7:00am-3:00pm, Mon & Tues & Wed, 2:30pm-10:30pm
- Sun, 7:00am-11:00pm, Wed & Thurs & Fri, 2:30-m-10:30pm
- Tues & Wed & Fri, 2:30pm-10:30pm, Sat 7:00am-11:00pm
- Sun, 7:00am-11:00pm, Thurs & Fri & Sat 2:30pm-10:30pm
- Sun & Mon & Tues, 2:30pm-10:30pm, Sat 7:00am-11:00pm
- Sun, 7:00am-11:00pm, Mon & Fri, 2:30pm-10:30pm, Sun 7:00am-3:00pm
- Wed, 2:30pm-10:30pm, Thurs & Fri 2:30pm-11:00pm, Sun 8:00am-11:00pm
- Mon & Fri, 2:30pm-10:30pm, Sat & Sun, 9:00am-9:00pm
- Five day week:
- Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, 2:30pm-10:30pm & Sat 7:00am-3:00pm
**Position pays $14.00 per hour plus an additional shift differential for any hours worked as defined below:
- $2.00 an hour Weekend shift - Friday 3:00pm – Sunday 11:00pm;
- $2.00 an hour 2nd shift – 3:00pm-11:00pm (Mon- Thurs)
- $1.00 an hour 3rd shift – 11:00pm-7:00am
Keywords: non-profit, children, adolescents, behavioral health, Youth Counselor, Direct Care Worker, Direct Care Counselor, Direct Service Worker, Group Care Worker, Direct Support Professional, Residential Counselor, Mental Health Associate, Behavioral Health Technician
Our Ideal Candidate:
- HS diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant field preferred).
- Previous experience working with children/adolescents with behavioral/emotional needs required.
- Must be available to attend 2 weeks of required training (paid, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm).
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions (or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Pre-employment Physical and Job Demand Assessment (if applicable)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our benefit programs include medical (including telemedicine - medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off, a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
The employment policies of Devereux are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE