Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Services Supervisor (West Valley)
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general direction of Environmental Services Shift Manager, supervises the daily activities of Environmental Services, including personnel assignments, training and management, quality assurance, problem resolution, and inventory control.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies fair and consistent supervision
* Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies and procedures.
* Provides excellent and friendly service to all guests.
* Supervises personnel which include recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, discipline and problem resolution.
* Trains team members on cleaning, equipment techniques, methods, chemicals and procedures.
* Trains new Environmental Services Attendants on daily maintenance of Casino floor, restrooms, and other task when assigned by Environmental Services Shift Manager.
* Maintains records on team members, equipment and maintenance activities.
* Organizes workload to ensure deadlines are met; schedules all team members and assigns work.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures care, maintenance and utilization of equipment, orders adequate supplies to meet work needs.
* Enters and approves bi-weekly Environmental Services payroll.
* Inspects work areas to ensure consistency and quality of work and adherence to established procedures, safety regulations and standards. Prepares daily checklist on daily performance.
* Maintains compliance with department procedures and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies.
* Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems for day-to-day operational issues.
* Properly trains Environmental Services Attendants on how to clean and dispose of Bi-Hazard Waste according to OSHA regulations.
* Coaches/counsels Environmental Services staff when necessary.
* Prepares and submits reports.
* Oversees work schedules for personnel and quarterly rotation schedules.
* Involved in continuously training to ensure Environmental Services staff is updated on new chemicals and cleaning techniques.
* Performs Environmental Services duties as necessary.
* Initiates work orders on any building maintenance issues.
* Inspects the work activities of a group of Environmental Services Attendants and prepares daily checklist.
* Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year of environmental services supervisory/lead experience or a minimum of 18 months in the environmental services cleaning profession (any industry). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
* Knowledge of Environmental Services chemicals.
* Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
* Ability to work with little to no supervision.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
* Ability to delegate responsibilities to staff when needed.
* Takes messages from Environmental Services Attendants and other staff and post in designated area.i
* Ensure MSDS are updated as needed and in proper designated areas.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
* Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Ability to delegate responsibilities to staff when needed.
* Attends monthly meeting to ensure continues communication within department occurs.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required