Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bingo Shift Supervisor (West Valley)
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Bingo Floor Manager, supervises the daily operations on the shift for Bingo operation.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies fair and consistent supervision.
* Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Assist with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and
departmental policies and procedures.
* Oversees the daily operations of the Bingo Department to ensure a smooth operation.
* Performs duties of subordinates as needed.
* Maintains departmental logs.
* Ensures all systems are in place to begin the game.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Oversees cashiers paperwork to runner.
* Cleans Bingo area at closing.
* Provides customer service to guests and team members.
* Prepares required reports and maintains necessary records.
* Provides services to patrons in accordance with game rules.
* Greets patrons and ensures that patrons are recognized and properly hosted.
* Maintains an accurate and accountable inventory of all Bingo paper and supplies.
* Performs a monthly inventory of Packing Room.
* Checks and investigates all team member variances and resolves or explains the variances.
* Assists the Bingo callers in the cleaning of balls.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 1 year related Bingo experience required; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Candidate may be required to pass a Guest Service Assessment. Must be 18 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
* Knowledge of computer utilization in marketing/business operations.
* Knowledge of Bingo operations.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to supervise personnel.
* Skill in supervising assigned staff.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.