Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
HR Dept. 1046 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
Wellness Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the management of all wellness programming. The Wellness Coordinator will support all wellness initiatives including, but not limited to communications, marketing, budget management, outcome measurement and reporting. The Wellness Coordinator will serve as a liaison with insurance brokers and health providers and uphold the current participation goals and initiatives. Coordinate’s Wellness Committee meeting.
Health and Wellness, Communication
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years’ experience preferably in health education, health sciences, physical education, diet and nutrition or a closely related field, or a combination of education, training and/or experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above. .
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness and wellness programs.
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Respond to customer, public, or media requests for information about wellness programs or services.
- Organize and oversee health screenings, such as flu, mammography, blood pressure and cholesterol screenings.
- Organize and oversee fitness or wellness events or programs, such as information presentations, blood drives, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or first aid training, or organized runs or walks.
- Work with HR Vice President on program budgets to create event budget, report on budget variances, and forecast actual expenses.
- Work with health provider regarding reports, i.e. utilization, statistics and satisfaction.
- Responsible for Wellness related communications and marketing (emails, posters, meetings, screen messaging, etc.). And, serve as primary point of contact for employees and third party management.
- Must have reliable transportation as this position will travel to valley wide sites, including in and out of state.
- Verbal and written competence in Spanish are necessary to serve our staff population.
- Secure the tracking and filing of employee participation in the program and be responsible for tracking monetary incentive funds.
- Uphold current standards for quality of wellness program, as a recipient of the Healthy Arizona Worksite Award- Platinum Level
Must possess excellent technical skills including Microsoft suite. Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills. This can include but will not be limited to: attending health and wellness conferences and reporting information to Wellness Committee and HR Vice President.