Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Courtyard At Encanto
2322 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix AZ 85015
Performs service duties and insures that all upkeep,
inventory and repair of grounds and buildings of the property is completed in
an efficient manner.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three
months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers one-on-one or groups of
employees of organization.
· MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to
compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Heating, ventilation and air
conditioning (HVAC) certification is strongly suggested for this position. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician
(CAMT) is recommended as well.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Include the following but are not limited to the job
specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be
required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
· Responsible for the research and evaluation of all current and
potential products used in the maintenance and upkeep of the property.
· Specifically, responsible for the scheduling of product review
appointments in such a manner as to avoid "drop-in" sales calls.
· Responsible for the scheduling and performance of all in-house and
direct supervision of vendor work.
· Responsible for the inventory, ordering and delivery of all necessary
supplies and equipment for the service, custodial and grounds departments under
the direction and with the approval of the Community Manager.
· Responsible for insuring OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act)
standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
· Interprets company policies and observes and adheres to safety
· Responsible for timely response to service requests, make-readies, etc.
· Responsible for scheduling and performing preventative maintenance.
· Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists co-workers in solving
· Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by
Tiempo and its affiliated companies for Maintenance Technician.
· Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances
regarding the property or residents.
· Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
· Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and
property community policies.
· Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement
for personal growth and development.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL FUNCTIONING REQUIREMENTS:
· Both inside and outside work in all types of weather is frequent.
· Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking,
climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs.,
with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
· Good eye/hand coordination essential.
· Color discrimination, the ability to discriminate between colors in
terms of hue, and the ability to identify a particular color or color
combination from memory are required.
TYPES OF MACHINES, TOOLS AND VEHICLES REQUIRED TO BE
· Hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or landscaping.
· Power tools to include, but not limited to, circular saw, power drill,
bench grinder, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet
shampoo machine, power drain cleaner, chain saw and key machine.
· Electric or gas powered "golf cart" style maintenance vehicles.
Personal Tools - Each employee must provide his own hand
tools. Tiempo does not reimburse for
tools that are broken, worn out, lost or stolen. Employees can purchase tools at Home Depot or
Grainger. Employees must have at minimum
the following set of tools. Where
practical, each tool must have employee name and Social Security Number etched
on it to distinguish it from tools belonging to others. Employees who do not have their own tools may
make arrangements with District Manager’s approval to purchase tools through
Tiempo. Repayments must be made within three months through payroll
deductions. If employment is terminated
for any reason before repayment is completed, payment in full will be withheld
from final paycheck.
Claw Hammer, Wood Handle
Punch or Awl
Steel Measuring Tape
Screw Driver Set
Screw Driver Set
1/2" Putty Knife
Chisels - Small
Medium 12" Pointed
Large, 12" x 1"
(set of 3)
Combination Wrench Set
File - 6" Flat
Square/Level - 12"
or Super Bar
- 6 volt
· Neat, cleanly groomed, and dressed including shirt and shoes in
accordance with Tiempo Personnel Policy and Procedures. Shorts are permitted during certain times of
the year. Must be clean-shaven, or
beards trimmed daily.
to travel statewide as needed. Ability
to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to
present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify
and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be
expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and
maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
is performed in structured environments.
to and is supervised directly by the Manager. Employee is also
accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.