Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Siete Del Norte Embudo, New Mexico 87531
The position provides independent home management services and non-medical personal services to adult clients who are experiencing physical or serious psychosocial difficulties or to certain handicapped children and adults as a respite service. Service is provided as part of a comprehensive plan for amelioration (sexual) abuse, neglect, or exploitation of adults.
- Candidate must be able to function independently
- Must have no less than eighth grade level education.
- Possess a Valid New Mexico Driver’s License
- Current and continual automobile insurance
- Must be literate and have basic math skills
- Must have interest and/or experience in working with elderly and disabled adults
- Experience in the areas of aging or social services a plus
- Must pass a Background clearance prior to start
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
· Responsible for Client Service Management provided in the best interest of the participant as defined by the Service Plan. This may include accompanying the participant, providing and/or securing all necessary services
· Accepts responsibility for providing Personal Care necessary to maintain hygiene, while attending to the physical and psychological needs necessary for participant to maintain residence in the least restrictive and safe setting to prevent neglect, abuse, and exploitation
· Provides Home Management to assure a clean, safe home environment
· Where assigned will provide Home management/environmental safety services when the lack of public utilities such as running water, and the use of wood as a primary source of fuel, poses a hazard to the participant’s health and safety
Home Care Standards:
· Confidentiality is a priority for All Siete Del Norte Client activities
· Ability to prioritize client needs
· Organizes and utilizes time efficiently
· Maintains good interpersonal relationships with staff
· Becomes knowledgeable of and adheres to the Policies and Procedures, rules and regulations of Siete Del Norte organization
· Uses care in preventing spread of disease/infection when in contact with client and client’s environment
· Neat, well groomed appearance appropriate for the assignment
· Exhibits a kind, caring and compassionate manner