Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Elderly- Phoenix, AZ
Schedule, coordinate and provide transportation to CPLC HUD 202 residents.
Completes and maintains accurate documentation of transportation services provided.
Supervise a part-time driver.
Sensitivity to people of diverse economic, social, education, and ethnic backgrounds, ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing;
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 6 months experience working in a customer service area in providing services to diverse individuals. Basic computer skills required. Possession of a current driver‘s license and current auto insurance. Must have effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate orally and in writing. Bilingual English and Spanish required. Knowledge of maps and City of Phoenix layout. Must be committed to diversity. Must be able to enter and retrieve data and have basic computer skills.
· Work with Tiempo, Healthy Aging, and AZRA staff to coordinate schedule resident transportation.
· Responsible for preparing and coordinating daily trips for residents of CPLC’s HUD 202 apartment complexes;
· Assign trips to for part-time driver
· Keep a master calendar of trips.
· Provides transportation to residents for various dally activities (pharmacy, grocery store, medical appointments etc.)
· Provides transportation to scheduled group activities (community meetings, events, exercise classes, etc.)
· Use computer to input data such as posting daily routes, maintain case notes and update on a weekly basis, also keep tracking on update authorizations for the meal’s services, keep all required documentation
· Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Director of Community Series.
· Basic marketing to increase the number of clients served
· Attend staff meetings and training.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing and have basic computer skills. Must be able to lift 45 lbs. Must be willing to do some marketing for the program. Must be willing to help with packaging meals. Must be able to drive. Must be able to work outdoors all year round. Must obtain Maricopa County Food Handlers Card, First Aid & CPR Certification.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
This is a physical and fast paced outdoor position (walking long distances, ascending and descending stairs) that involves continual carrying of meal supplies that typically weigh 5- 10lbs. This is a full-time position.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Community Services. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.