Colyar Technology Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst
at Colyar Technology Solutions
Are you a creative, hardworking professional who knows how to get the job done right? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions!
CTS is an established software company, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona for over 20 years. We provide enterprise, cloud-based, COTS software solutions to State Education and Nutrition Agencies. We are currently seeking an energetic, detailed, Business Analyst to assist with the defining of software specifications, testing of software products, and developing project-related materials. The selected candidate will support CTS’ Project Managers, Account Executives and work with CTS’ development and quality assurance teams. Experience with software development projects is required.
The Business Analyst will help CTS successfully work with existing customer accounts, continue to improve our product line, as well as expand into new markets.
- Gathering and documenting customer business and functional requirements, evaluating business processes, and recommending best practices.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation and kickoff of projects, including development of related project management plans, work plans, presentations, working and training sessions with customers.
- Assisting in the preparation for and execution of Joint Requirements Documentation (JRD) and facilitated working sessions with customers to document software requirements, configurations or modifications.
- Working collaboratively with CTS’ team of developers and engineers to help resolve customer issues, as well as communicate product enhancements and new products that meet customer needs.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure error free code delivery that meets the clients’ expectations and requirements.
- Assisting in the accurate and timely delivery of software products and services.
- Serving as a technical liaison between customers and CTS operations.
- Support Project Managers and Account Executives in the management of designated customer accounts and customer-reported issues.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication, professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills are necessary for success in the role of Business Analyst. Knowledge of and experience in software development is highly desired. Applicants are required to have exceptional analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business Administration, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on, direct work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience gathering complex business requirements, mapping out technical solutions, and helping manage project timelines.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in the learning and growing in knowledge and skillset related to the software development process and business analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of basic project management as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), preferably using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of nutritional programs, nutrient analysis, financial systems, educational systems is a plus.
- Prior experience working with external customers is a plus.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 20 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology as well as proven program and project management methodologies to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of web-based applications, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that truly values its people.
We Proudly Offer
- Highly competitive compensation
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
We look forward to talking with you. Please reach out if you have the experience and capability to be a part of our team as a Business Analyst!
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
KEY WORDS: Business Analyst, Software, Testing, QA, Requirements, Analysis, Customer Service, PMP, PMI, Nutrition, Project, Education