Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Foster Care and Adoption Specialist
at Child Crisis Arizona
Foster Care and Adoption Specialist (FCAS)
Child Crisis Arizona is seeking a qualified FCAS to join our team to further our mission of protecting Arizona's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect, and to help build strong families. The FCAS is responsible for carrying a case load of families being licensed for care.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with co-workers and other personnel through demonstrating an attitude of cooperation and understanding.
- Provides services using professionally accepted methods within DCS policies and in accordance with the needs and goals of the client.
- Compiles data and reports to fulfill contract requirements or as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client’s identity and problems so as not to violate the professional code of ethics.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth by attending workshops and classes, reading and utilizing in-service trainings and supervisory conferences.
- Participates in Child and Family Teams, Team Decision Making and other staffings as required.
- Responsible for ensuring culturally sensitive and appropriate services.
- Serves as a networker / connection to Resource Families as appropriate.
- Attends Foster Care and Adoption (FCA) family events.
- Models Center’s expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Participates in FCA recruitment events.
- Conducts home visits and monitoring for adoptive families, as required by contract.
- Prepares certification home study reports.
- Ensures that records on assigned cases are current.
- Identifies and obtains appropriate services and provides or links families with services, as needed.
- Requests a Child and Family Team (CFT) or Team Decision Making (TDM) meeting if it appears that a disruption is a possibility or if the family requires additional support.
- Maintains monthly contact and monitors families as required by contract.
- Represents families at family selection meetings.
- Inputs family data into Kaleidacare and Quick Connect Systems.
- Uses independent judgment to demonstrate the ability to problem solve and make decisions in the best interest of the children, the family, and the agency.
- Compiles client files in accordance with required contractual obligations and established procedures including significant documentation necessary for continuity of service.
- Assesses family needs and provides developmentally appropriate information, guidance, parenting information, life skills, and support that meet the needs of each family.
- Inspects home to ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Makes determination if in-home placement is safe for children.
- Works directly with family to draft a professional skill development plan.
- Using state regulations as guidelines, makes determination if family meets the qualifications as a potential adoptive family.
- Works closely with family in accordance with Foster Parent College and Chapter 6 to draft CAP (corrective action plan) as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate level of knowledge, provides case management, coordinates services and refers families to community resources that meet the specific needs of each family.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and makes referrals to programs and services as appropriate.
- Education must consist of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related human services field AND a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a human services field.
- Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- Must complete a minimum of 14 hours of professional development training annually.
- Must maintain knowledge on Chapter 6 and attachment and bonding curriculum.
- Must complete Quick Connect state data collection training and 30 hour Foster parent College training.
- Bilingual Capabilities desirable.
Please apply online at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-jobopportunities.php?clientkey=B1B5C93A2F5EABE2A934AEAE43706412
Please click link to apply