BASIS Educational Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BASIS Educational Group
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed Central Office is seeking to fill the position of Benefits Administrator.
The Benefits Administrator will be responsible for the full oversight and administration of the benefits plans for BASIS.ed to ensure that the strategic intent of the benefits plans is fulfilled and value to employees is realized. This role within BASIS.ed will be tasked with creating and managing the processes, systems and relationships that will make our employees’ experience with Benefits stand out as truly supportive and that all promises are fulfilled. BASIS.ed can offer you the flexibility to set-up a benefits administration function the way you know will make a true impact on the organization.
You will use your expert knowledge and experience administering a variety benefits plans to systematically stay on top of employee needs and solve unforeseen problems before they arise. You know how to effectively report and present benefit data and what is important for the business to know and see.
Through a keen eye for detail you ensure accuracy of all benefits enrollment and leaves within the HRIS and that data is aligned with the vendors’ systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers employee benefits programs such as the retirement plan, medical, dental, voluntary life, short & long term disability policies, and leave of absences
2. Coordinates with benefits vendors and the brokerage firm to skillfully troubleshoot enrollment and reporting errors
3. Coordinates open enrollment and new hire enrollment processes with internal and external resources
4. Manages leave of absence administration for multiple states including processing paperwork, notifying relevant vendors, and actively communicating with leaders and impacted employees
5. Ensures accuracy of all benefits enrollment and leave information in the HRIS, validating the vendors have accurate benefits and leave data
6. Updates database(s) with new and changing employee demographic and enrollment information, ensuring accuracy and integrity of information
7. Prepares and maintains employee benefits files
8. Runs reports from HRIS system(s) related to benefits enrollment and accuracy; performs regular audits
9. Enthusiastically assists employees and business partners with questions related to benefits and leave of absence administration.
10. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences and disabilities
11. Provides data-oriented feedback to HR and Company leadership related to benefits usage and cost information
12. Aids in the development and distribution of benefits-related collateral
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
2. Five years of benefits administration required, with or without leave administration responsibilities
3. A PHR, SPHR, or related certification(s) is preferred
4. A CBP certified is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Effective oral and written communication skills
2. Intermediate proficiency (or better) in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
3. Strong organizational skills
4. Strong reporting and analytics capabilities
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.