Aurora Behavioral Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intake Coordinator, Patient Services, per diem
at Aurora Behavioral Health System
Come join our team of professionals at Aurora Behavioral Health System, East. This 138-bed free standing psychiatric inpatient hospital and outpatient program located in Tempe, AZ is looking for experienced Intake Coordinators for our Patient Services Call Center Department. Our psychiatric facility is licensed to treat adolescents and adults for a wide range of psychiatric conditions and chemical dependency.
- Handle all general inquiry calls from potential customers and referral sources.
- Schedule assessments for our Aurora Behavioral Health Tempe and Glendale locations, and/or refers patients to appropriate community resources.
- Gather information from callers to complete detailed intake form to determine appropriate level of care needed or to make referrals to appropriate resources.
- Assist with crisis intervention calls using clinical counseling skills.
- Act as a liaison for hospital referrals transferring for behavioral health inpatient treatment.
- Work with nursing, medical, and other disciplines to coordinate care for patients.
- 1 year of experience required. 3 years of experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of, and skills in applying principles of abnormal psychology and mental health problems; familiarity with psychological, sociological and medical terminologies; skills in analyzing and evaluating information; problem solving skills; excellent oral communication skills; legible handwriting, ability to conentrate on tasks and meet deadlines; ability to confidentially maintian all information; persuasive skills with prospective patients and family members who demonstrate denial or resistance to treatment.